Thursday, October 30, 2014

Market Journal - Oct 30th 2014

So the Fed is now out of the way. And QE has officially ended. So what next? As I think I mentioned in one of the earlier posts, I was expecting a little more upside and then a top mid week. I think we are there. Yesterday might have been the top for this upmove. If this is correct, most likely we will see a good move down over the next week or so and then again another good bounce. Then all hell breaks loose. But lets take it one step at a time.

For now, it looks like we are going to head down for the next few days in the equity markets. A bounce will happen from some level. For now I am thinking 1920-1900 area in SPX as the most likely target area maybe by end of next week. Then lets evaluate again.

Now above is just a prediction. I dont trade on predictions alone. Its just an idea. Trading is more about controlling risk and capital protection. This is the reason why I have diversified into more ideas. Gold for example is heading down in earnest. I have puts on NUGT - which are doing exceptionally well. Then I have shorts on OIH/oil. And I think I already mentioned the GPRO put spread which is also doing very well. I also have a few bearish positions on the index which at the moment are not doing great but I expect them to come back soon.

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting I believe. While I am bearish, the seasonality effect is important to watch as well. For this reason I will be watching the internals very carefully to see if the outline I have above is going to work or the market has something else in mind.

Best,
PM

No comments:

Post a Comment